Friday, November 30, 2012

Winter 2012-2013 Outlook

As most of my friends are very big skiers/snowboarders, I thought that heading into December, I would give you all a Winter Outlook.

I've been looking at some of the long-term models for this winter and they are all hinting towards a big snow year for the northeast. Take a look at the map I drew below.

This map totally was decked out in colors that you can't see for some reason. But with a near normal El Nino, and a model hinting negative North Atlantic Oscillation, we should expect to see above normal snowfall in the east and down the Appalachians. The Mid-West could see a big storm or two but will be below normal in terms of snow fall. All of the Equal Chances are just areas that could swing either way this winter.

To all of my winter loving friends in the east get your winter gear ready! If you all didn't know winter is my FAVORITE season! I love the snow, cold weather, and to predict the big snow/ice storms!

 If you have any questions on what I look at to do this long term forecasting feel free to ask, I'd be more than happy to share!

Have a fantastic weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment